Jamie Hayes presents…
Photographing Children using a Simple Lighting and Posing Concept
Sunday, March 21, 2021 – 1:00PM – 2:45PM – INSPIRE Speaker
Comfort Suites, 10 South Hanover Street, Carlisle, PA 17013
Is natural light frustrating you? Want a better, simpler lighting and posing solution for photographing children regardless of your brand? Want to learn to photograph Children without using Photoshop, Lightroom or without even looking at the back of your camera to insure a proper exposure.
Do you want to take the hassle out of the technical side of your photographing process to increase your sales averages? Join Jamie Hayes as he shares his simple lighting and posing concepts that are so easy to understand you will be able to implement them immediately.
Jamie attributes the success of their studio, along with business partner Mary Fisk-Taylor, to their sound management and business skills combined with their love and passion for photography. His commitment to creating priceless portraits, wedding albums and commercial imagery has earned him an extremely loyal
clientele as well as a sterling reputation in the state of Virginia. Their business savvy and creative marketing concepts have enabled them to establish an extremely profitable and fulfilling portrait and wedding gallery.
As a PPA Approved Business Instructor and PPA Approved Photographic Instructor, Jamie offers informative and motivational programs to working photographers. Jamie has participated in several state, regional, national and international conferences giving both full-day and week long classes. As an affiliate PPA juror he has the
pleasure to judge several international print competitions throughout the US. He is a proud member of several professional photography organizations, including: Professional Photographers of America (PPA), Virginia Professional Photographers Association (VPPA), and The Society ofXXV.
Jamie has been honored with many awards on both state and national levels. His achievements include the Kodak Gallery Elite Award of Excellence, numerous Kodak Gallery Awards of Excellence, PPA Loan collections, multiple ASP Regional Medallion Awards, SEPPA Distinguished Awards, Best Wedding Albums VPPA, Best of Category, Fuji Masterpiece Awards and the VPPA Photographer (Highest Print Case) several times as well as one of the Top Ten Photographers for the entire state of Virginia.
Jamie shares his simple lighting concept applying a down to earth and easy formula for lighting any subject indoors or outdoors.
- 1972-1979 Verona Elementary School. Verona, Virginia
- 1979-1983 Ft. Defiance High School. Ft. Defiance, Virginia
- 12 year perfect attendance
- October 1983-January 1984 Woodland School of Photography. White Sulfur Springs, West Virginia
- February 1984 – February 1989 Gentry Photography, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- February 1989 – February 1995 Caston’s Studio, Richmond, Virginia
- February 1995 – current Hayes & Fisk Photography, Richmond, Virginia
- Photographic Craftsmen Degree
- Master of Photography Degree
- Imaging Excellence Degree
- Approved Photographic Instructor
- Approved Business Instructor
- Member of The Society ofXXV
- Scored a perfect 100 in SEPPA competition using film
- 4 for 4 in PPA Loan Collection (2 wedding albums and 2 prints using film)
- Kodak Gallery Elite Award 1st place
- 16 Kodak Gallery Awards
- 14 Fuji Masterpiece Awards
- 4 VPPA Photographer of the Year Awards
- 4 ASP State Awards
- 2 ASP Regional Awards
- 2 Top 10 PPA Wedding Photographer of the Year Awards