PPA of PA Committees
Below are descriptions of the various committees at work in the PPA of PA. Together, these committees plan and execute the association’s activities!!
- Record all income and expenses for the Treasurer.
- Generate Treasury reports to present to the Board and General Membership
- Award Banquet setup, programs and favors
- Party and Social refreshments and food
- Party activities (dance, music, games,etc.)
- Coordinate all details of each PPA of PA convention (INSPIRE in the Spring & CAPTURE in the Fall) and make sure that each event runs smoothly without incident.
- Set dates and secure venues for all PPA of PA conventions in the coming year.
- Secure menus for meals, snacks and social gatherings at each venue and secure any entertainment such as DJs for any party or social event planned.
- Create a schedule of events and times for all activities and print schedule copies for the registration desk to pass out to attendees.
- Create large signs to display at the conference to feature each event and speaker and place outside the proper space for that event.
- Maintain Membership database on spreadsheet (Excel or Access). Keep all membership details current.
- Manage raffles, 50/50 drawings, etc. that provide additional income for the Association.
- Store all historical items related to the Association.
HOSPITALITY & PARTY
- Social aspects of meetings. Dinner/Lunch planning, Food, beverages, etc. Interpersonal activities to improve camaraderie
- Update Parameters for each competition on Printcompetition.com
- Review Entrants information and Images for accuracy
- Organize images for competition, coordinate remote judging, including zoom meetings
- Create Slideshow for Annual Awards Presentation and Blue Ribbon Slideshow
- Prepare Reports, Assign Awards on PrintCompetition.com
- Create Certificates, and Mail trophies/certificates to Entrants
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
In general, the committee is responsible for collecting, organizing and distributing news and information to be used for Website, Email and Social Media updates.
- Collect info for all events, including speaker/presenter bios, headshots, photos, program info. Distribute info to Team by email/and add to mycloud
- Webmaster makes updates to website. Multiple members of the Marketing & Communications Team may contribute to collecting and organizing the info/webmaster will add the updates to the website.
Mailchimp Email Campaigns
- Create email campaigns to send out to members for all PPA of PA events including: Monthly Meeting/Presentation Information, spring and fall conventions, important industry updates, like PPA Info, membership Info: awards & exhibits, presentations by members.
Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Post information on PPA of PA events and reply to comments
- Recruit new members, contact members whose membership has expired, create surveys on what members want, like etc. and advise members on membership questions.
Currently in planning stages
- Coordinate all details of each PPA of PA meeting and make sure that each event runs smoothly without incident.
- Secure speakers on a variety of photography or business topics that are of interest to members, set dates and secure venues for all PPA of PA monthly meetings/presentations throughout the year.
- Attend PPA of PA events and take photos for use on website and marketing.
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Attend all Board of Governors meetings to assure that Robert’s Rules are being followed properly.
- Checks on the legality of any policies established by the Board of Governors or any disciplinary actions taken against any members.
- Prepare and set up registration tables for use at PPA of PA conventions and meetings.
- Work closely with Treasurer to plan for any monetary transactions that occur during the event (program/banquet registration fees etc)
- Update the registration desk file envelopes for each member with pertinent information in preparation for each meeting:
SCREENING & ETHICS
- Call new membership applicants to welcome/interview/answer Q’s
- Discuss volunteer opportunities and email list of committees.
- Add new member email address to MailChimp email list.
- Notify webmaster so they can publish new member name/location/business name, if applicable on website.
- Provide tech support at meetings, coordinate Zoom meetings, video processing, slide show production
- Coordinate local transportation and act as tour guide for speaker/presenters for meetings and conventions
- Maintain records of Degree and Service points for all members.
- Order and store medallions and lanyards for Degree and Service Awards.
- Prepare slide shows for all members receiving State Degree or Service Awards at the annual Awards banquet.